Saturday, May 7, 2011

Fantasy Kingdoms - Vector Characters and Creatures

Above are the two base player characters and an NPC named Harmony (right) larger than in-game.  These were vector creations in Flash.  They are animated, and those animations were initially done by another artist, but I have made a few tweaks since then.  They have different hair, accessories that can be switched out.  I, also, have made a few seasonal items.  The colors of skin, hair, accessory, clothes are changed programically when a player makes a selection in-game.  These characters have back versions as well. Harmony (right) is the mentor for new player's in-game, and she has her own set of kingdoms that player's can visit. 



The cats are also vector and were created in Flash.  Our creatures are mainly outsourced, but the blue cat was the first creature for the programmers to test in-game.  The other cats' creation soon followed. I did animate these although animation isn't a strong skill for me, I can get by. :)

2 comments:

  1. *Sigh* One day I would love to be able to design for FK. It is SO my favorite game - themes, artwork and game design come together to make a Gestalt that other games cannot touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear how much you love it! It's wonderful to hear that people are enjoying something you've worked on. We try to make pieces our players will love!

    Keep working at it. You can get into the game industry, but along with skill/talent, location and networking are important!

    ReplyDelete